Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!

O LORD, how manifold are your works!
  In wisdom have you made them all;
  the earth is full of your creatures.
(Psalm 104:24 ESV)

Wonder if there's a 12-step program for people addicted to web-cams.  Not the inappropriate kind, mind you, but the ones giving peeks into nature.  The eagle-cam led me to African cameras and I'm watching (I think) a water buffalo soaking in the water along with impala, monkey families, elephant families and who knows what else!  It's all I can do to tear myself away and get anything done.  I love nature and wildlife!  God speaks to me so often through his creation.  It's such a marvel to see the variety of creatures --- without a doubt, proof-positive of God's sense of humor! 

Watching all the animals roam around this area in Africa makes me wonder what it will be like in the new heaven and new earth when creation is healed and living together as we were intended to - when the lion lays down with the lamb.  What a shame when we treat God's creation so badly and what a shame when we, at the very least, ignore the beauty he has surrounded us with. 

God give us humility and thankful hearts and opportunities to be still and marvel at the beauty of nature -- the wonders of creation!

"But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can't see: eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his divine being."  (Romans 1:20 The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment