Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trust Me

I find myself dealing with trust issues these days.  Not lack of trust in any one particular person in my circle of friends and family but I find that God is asking me to trust him more and more.  I thought I was doing a pretty good job with that but in his gentle and loving way, he's pointing out the areas where I'm holding on to MY will rather than trusting in God's perfect plans.  

I pray for loved ones and friends who are suffering.  I want them to be happy.  We don't live in a happy world and my Pollyanna hopes are well-intentioned but not getting to the heart of the matter.  

How do we endure hardship?  How do we watch others endure hardship?  

It's so difficult to resist the urge (especially with my strong Mom instincts) to run in and fix things or pray for God to hurry and make it all better.  

Praying yesterday, I had a powerful reminder of God's sovereignty and the power of the Light that cannot and will not be overcome by darkness.  At the same time, he reminded me of his nearness and intimate knowledge and care for the one for whom I was praying.

"Do you trust me?" is the question I hear in my heart.  

And then more gently the simple words repeated over and over:  "Trust me".  


No comments:

Post a Comment