Monday, December 12, 2011

The Gift

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 1:2


Such sweet words of comfort and assurance.  They're more than mere words of greeting at the beginning of Paul's letter to the Ephesian church.  They are reality.  I read these words today and sensed peace wrapping around me, settling on me, as I read and reflected on God's grace and peace.  It was almost instantaneous, as if the verse had my name at the beginning.  It does, you know. That's the beauty of God's holy word.  I opened my Bible to prepare for Bible study tonight but the Lord had a word for me.  Two words, actually:  grace and peace.  


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  
Grace   and   Peace
to me
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

It makes me think of a Christmas gift all wrapped up with the little gift tag marked "to" and "from".  Very fitting considering the birth we celebrate at Christmas - the gift of grace and peace wrapped up in the form of a tiny baby.  

Emmanuel 
God with us 
The Prince of Peace
 God's gift of grace in human form
  Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world

  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


God's gift of Life and Light to a sin-sick world  
Grace and peace  
God so loved the world that he gave his only Son 
that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.  
The gift of love 
of grace 
of peace

Will we receive this gift?  Will we be as excited to receive this one as we are the ones under our tree?


God is looking through his eyes of love at each one of us, speaking to our hearts, offering the greatest gift the world has known or will ever know.  Will we receive his gift?  Will you receive him?


Grace to you, dear child, and peace.  
From God your Father and your Lord Jesus Christ.






No comments:

Post a Comment